Suggest treatment for epilepsy in a child
Suggestive of epilepsy.
Thank you for posting your query.
I am Dr Sudhir Kumar, Neurologist and would try my best to help you.
I have noted the clinical details and EEG report. These are suggestive of epilepsy. Child should be started on anti epileptic drugs such as oxcarbazepine (oxetol).
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM
This EEG was taken on 7th December 2015 and we consulted Dr. Ashalatha Radhakrishnan,Associate Professor,Sree XXXXXXX Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology (SCTIMST) XXXXXXX As per her advice we started to give him dicorate er 250(tab) daily night. we visited her this XXXXXXX 2016 and she checked and told that the child is alright, but advised us to continue giving Dicorate ER 250.
Now my question is Yesterday night he has taken his dinner and Dicorate tablet at around 10 PM and slept at around 10.45PM. By 11.45PM he started vomiting in the bed and his stomach was too big. after vomiting he was unable to talk and seems like sleeping. we took him immediately to near by hospital and they did all the primary test and said he is normal. The doctor told that he is in half sleep due to Dicorate tablet. They gave a syrup (Dompy) for vomiting and did one hour observation. he came back home slept perfectly. last two days he is telling that there is small pain in his left side of the head
Dear Doctor still we are confused whether it is symptom of fits
This episode is most likely a fit.
Thank you for getting back.
I have noted the additional information. The current episode is suggestive of seizure (fit), as there was drowsiness after the vomiting.
The symptom is unlikely to be due to Dicorate ER, as he has been taking the tablet for a long time.
Please consult Dr Ashalatha, regarding the need to increase the dose of Dicorate ER.
I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information.
Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Temporal lobe epilepsy treatment
- Cmc vellore epilepsy treatment
- First aid treatment for epilepsy
- Focal epilepsy treatment
- Epilepsy treatment for motion sickness
- Treatment for epilepsy
- Suggest treatment for epilepsy inspite of having normal reports
- My son is suffring by epilepsy suggest me the treatment
- Epilepsy treatment, bhopal
- Suggest treatment for epilepsy due to worm in brain
- CT scan shows intracerebral bleed, cortical vein thrombosis, patchy...
- Distorted vision. MRI showed demyelination and suspected MS. Prescribed...
- I have been getting random twitching all over body. What should I do?
- Taking Epilim chromo to prevent migraine, now irritable, aggressive,...
- Burning sensation in neck, back and stomach. Had stomach upset, gas,...
- Headache, taken painkillers and homeopathic treatment. No nausea. Worried
- X-ray shows rotoscoliosis, spondyloisthesis, degenerative disc disease....
- What does the EMG results indicate? Could it cause problems with fine...
- Shivering hands and feet, blurred vision, tingling and numb foot, back...
- Does Gonapeptyl cause fits in children? Child has cerebral palsy