Suggest medication for mesial temporal lobe epilepsy
Initially it started with high fever temperature. They locally treated it . then as i grew up ,it was ok.
Only when I was in 9th grade in school, i fell unconsious while riding cycle. from that age , i was in continuos medication . I was given frisium initially ,then they changed to sodium valporate.
It was under control during medication,but no dosage reduction ,no cure advised by doctors.
Now for past 2 years im consulting apollo doctor XXXXXXX they are giving oxetol 150mg 1-0-1 and dicorate 750mg 0-0-1.But im having memory problems. I want permanent solution,from epilepsy association & research team. I need cure . i want success over my long term disease. I want to challenge it safely and end it calmly. Please doctors & researchers of globe help me fight my disease.
Best regards-naveen k,
Get evaluated as advised
I have gone through your question and attached reports.
The first seizure at the age of two years with fever most likely was a febrile seizure.
Such febrile seizure is benign but may be associated with mesial temporal lobe epilepsy.
The findings and abnormalities are better seen on MRI brain with epilepsy protocol.
The drugs which are beneficial are oxcarbazepine, carbamazepine, Baptiste, lacosamide, levetiracetam and other drugs.
If the seizures are well controlled for about 3 year's, then an attempt is undertaken to gradually decrease the drug.
Lifestyle modification is also helpful.
Take regular and timely medications.
Avoid late night awakening, alcohol intake (if any).
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Do get back to me for further queries.
Dr N Kumar
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diagnosis of temporal lobe epilepsy
- Temporal lobe epilepsy treatment
- Temporal lobe epilepsy colon
- Temporal lobe epilepsy causes
- Temporal lobe epilepsy and sinusitis
- Symptoms of temporal lobe epilepsy
- Nocturnal temporal lobe epilepsy
- Temporal lobe epilepsy diarrhea
- Temporal lobe epilepsy and driving
- Temporal lobe epilepsy constipation
- What causes recurrent painful sensation over one side of lower face?
- What does my blood test report indicate?
- What causes constant dizziness?
- Suggest treatment for weight gain, coldness and constipation
- What causes facial pain and leg numbness in a patient with diabetes?
- Suggest treatment for recurring optic neuritis in right eye
- What causes trouble thinking clearly while recovering form sepsis?
- How long should medication be continued after suffering partial paralysis?
- Suggest treatment for constant pain due to neuropathy
- What causes burning sensation in buttocks of a person with spinal problems?