Suggest treatment for enlarged adenoid in child

Dr. Satvinder Bakshi

ENT Specialist

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: enlaarged adenoid with indentation over nasopharyngeal air shadow for 3+ male kid

is it sever problem? what type of treetment require?

pl. give suggision
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
please dont worry !

Detailed Answer:
hello

Enlarged adenoids are common in young children and generally do not need any treatment , most of the adenoids will start decreasing in size by 5 years of age and will completely resolve by 9-10 years of age.

Size is not a criteria for surgery , the symptoms are.

If your child has snoring , drooling of saliva , improper teeth development , always breathing with the mouth open , or not gaining weight , then it is advisable to get him operated , otherwise there is nothing to worry.

Your child can also be started on a course of antibiotics and steroid sprays , as this will sometimes help reduce the size and symptoms of adenoid enlargement, please discuss this with your doctor .

Thanks