Suggest treatment for elevated IgG levels

Dr. Rudina Balliu

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: IG# 0.17x 10(3) IG% .90% what does this mean thank you
Answered by Dr. Rudina Balliu 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need further testing

Detailed Answer:
Hello ! Thank you for using HealthcareMagic.
I read your question and understand your concern.

You mean IgG right ?, it's 90% and it's high. Normally it's around 75- 80%, i.e. the level of IgG.

IgG is a type of immunoglobulin (a core part of your immune system ) and it's produced by lymphocytes B (a type of white blood cell) when it's high means that your body is producing more than normal .

This could be due to an infection ( viral, bacterial), liver, kidney problems, amyloidosis, multiple myeloma or any other chronic diseases .

So this result has to be taken into consideration with your symptoms and further blood testing should be done to find a possible diagnosis.

Hope i have answered your question.
Let me know if you have any further queries, i will be happy to help.

Take Care !
Dr Balliu

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Rudina Balliu 17 hours later
would osteoarthritis (cannot spell it) or fibormylasia be consider chronic diseases or neuropathy
Answered by Dr. Rudina Balliu 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
yes they're chronic

Detailed Answer:
Hello again!

Osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia are both chronic diseases.

We classify chronic or acute disease according to the duration (the patient have the disease for a long time or a disease that has a sudden onset).

Neuropathy (it's a condition that could be acute or chronic as well).

Take Care !