Does multiple myeloma cause nausea, pale stools, loss of appetite and fatigue?

Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 15 May 2018 in Lump
Question: I have been nauseous for about a month, a few times I had pale stools now they are very loose, some loss of appetite, and fatigue. I had my gallbladder removed. My doctor did a cat scan and it came back relatively normal showing a hiatal hernia and a small nodule on my liver but nothing that would cause my symptoms. My bloodwork came back with low renal and low calcium. I will be seeing my doctor in a few days. The thing is I'll feel better then a few hours later I'm back to being tired and nauseous. An Elder at our church asked me how I was doing I told her about the bloodwork and she said I should be checked for multiple myeloma since two people in the church were diagnosed with it and she said renal and calcium issue with the blood are one of the indicators should I ask my doctor for a bloodtest?
Answered by Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
These symptoms indicate possible problem with biliary drainage system.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear

Warm welcome to Healthcaremagic.com
I have evaluated your query thoroughly .

* Current symptoms of pale , loose stools with loss of appetite and fatigue
are indicative of underlying disturbances in biliary drainage most likely .

* Multiple myeloma consists of severe bone pain , constipation , high blood
calcium levels ( which are not in your case ) apart from fatigue & other
features .

* Your current reports of renal and calcium if provided as an attachment would
be fine to evaluate the issue more precisely .

* It is strongly recommended to discuss about the liver function tests in
terms of Serum bilirubin , SGPT , SGOT levels with stool microscopy with
your doctor .

Hope this will help you to clear your query .

Welcome for any further assistance .
Wishing you fine recovery .

Regards dear take care .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 35 minutes later
Would the bil1ary drainage cause the nausea to come and go? Would this of shown up in my cat scan?
Answered by Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
follow up .

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX ,

Welcome .

* Biliary drainage issue is cyclical not constant giving nausea in accordance
to that .
* Many tiny strictures do not show on CT scan .

Regards .