Suggest treatment for dry eyes

Posted on Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Accident and Emergency
Question: I have dry eyes. I am going to a Opthamologist to check my sight because I believe it is diminishing. I have had dry eyes for the past 8 months.
They are still trying to identify what causes them. I have Chrones and Fibromyalgia and they are now testing my thyroid as it has a suspicious goitre ( half hard mass and half fluid). Apart from the 15 nodules on the Thyroid it is still working ok they say.
I also have a elevated Light Serum Blood count. 35(<20) . They didn't seem to t hink it was much however I received a letter the other day to undertake further tests again because I had been on a month of Predsizone /Steroids when they undertook the last blood tests. They just took blood tests, however I have been experiencing plain in my right upper arm and also my right and left upper leg. Not constant but on and off.
Because my Chrones has gone into a large flare they are wanting me to go on to Biologics , Humira, to bring it under control as the Steroids did not control it. They want this as soon as possible but I am wanting to obtain a clearance for Multiple Myeloma and also a clearance by undergoing the Biopsy of the mass on the Goitre and have both conditions exempt before I go onto the Humira. Do you think I am going in the right direction .
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes ,definitely.

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your query in detail, definitely you are going in right direction.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon