Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for dry eyes

User rating for this question
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10651 Questions
I have dry eyes. I am going to a Opthamologist to check my sight because I believe it is diminishing. I have had dry eyes for the past 8 months.
They are still trying to identify what causes them. I have Chrones and Fibromyalgia and they are now testing my thyroid as it has a suspicious goitre ( half hard mass and half fluid). Apart from the 15 nodules on the Thyroid it is still working ok they say.
I also have a elevated Light Serum Blood count. 35(<20) . They didn't seem to t hink it was much however I received a letter the other day to undertake further tests again because I had been on a month of Predsizone /Steroids when they undertook the last blood tests. They just took blood tests, however I have been experiencing plain in my right upper arm and also my right and left upper leg. Not constant but on and off.
Because my Chrones has gone into a large flare they are wanting me to go on to Biologics , Humira, to bring it under control as the Steroids did not control it. They want this as soon as possible but I am wanting to obtain a clearance for Multiple Myeloma and also a clearance by undergoing the Biopsy of the mass on the Goitre and have both conditions exempt before I go onto the Humira. Do you think I am going in the right direction .
Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Accident and Emergency
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes ,definitely.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting your query.
I have gone through your query in detail, definitely you are going in right direction.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Emergency Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor