Suggest treatment for dull abdominal pain, gastritis and IBS

Dr. Prashant

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Mon, 9 Nov 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I am 42 female who has had gastritis and ibs issues in past. Currently woke up with dull ab pain below navel that has moved to upper ab and is burning. It comes and goes and have had 2 bowel movements. Pain hasnt gotten worse in 4 hours
Answered by Dr. Prashant 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I still feel its a dyspeptic and your IBS related issues

Detailed Answer:
I think you have stopped the medication for your gastitis and IBS which you need to take intermittently when ever you have symptoms.
Any way plz consider tab Nexpro 40 mg before break fast for couple of weeks and pain near umbilical region may be related to your gastritis .
Avoid spicy and oily food .
You should be beyter with that tablet and still you are having pain then consider tab IBSET twice a day for a week .
Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Prashant 1 hour later
I dont have any prescription nexium. I have the otc nexium 12 hr. Can i use that or do i need to visit my primary care physican
Answered by Dr. Prashant 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
you can use nexium ,even nexpro contains the same molecule.

Detailed Answer:
Nexpro and neksium both contain same molecule ,start using this medication for couple of weeks if still symptoms are persisting then you can think of meeting your doc.
But try to maintain your diet ,regular exercise,less of stress and dpicy food ,because these all things aggregate your symptoms.
Hope this information helps you.
thank you