Suggest treatment for dizziness, cough and nausea

Question
I am a 40 year old woman. I have recently (within the last 2-3 days) started experiencing a dull pain in my chest, and soreness in my left arm, both of which comes and goes. Today, I noticed slight dizziness at times and occasional coughing, with a slight metallic taste . I have not felt faint or nauseous. I have consistently normal blood pressure. What could this be? I am scheduled for a physical in a few days.
Posted Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Involving Ear

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking
dull pain in chest with sore left arm with coughing and dizziness history and a metallic taste are abit worth assessment.
First and foremost work up to rule out any cardiac trouble is EKG. Once clear then other options to sort out the cause for chest pain which could be any like gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), followed by musculoskeletal conditions, other gastrointestinal conditions, psychiatric conditions (e.g., panic disorder), pulmonary disease, or stable coronary artery disease.
Dizziness and and nausea indicates a vestibular apparatus in inner ear trouble. If you had some recent ear infection or ache that could explain that. Assessment of vestibular functions is advised.
Most likely cause in your case is upper respiratory tract infection involving inner ear (which is common) and thus explains all your symptoms from dull pain to nausea to dizziness to metallic taste.
Seek an otorhinolaryngologist and let them help you with it.
I hope it helps.Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.
May the odds be ever in your favour.
Khan