Owl Image

Suggest treatment for dizziness caused after a vasovagal attack

Owl Image
Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist

Question
i am 44 years old, in April,2011 i was suffered attack after it was dignosed vasal vacco attack? colostrol tablet starvas 10mg a day, july' i suffered pain in abtoman & left side mouth not open fully extened? they find out erthmatic gastics for that i take sompraz 40mg BD, past 2 years i was suffered mild giddiness, after take 10 mins rest laid down in bed it was little bit ok then they give XXXXXXX tablte 2.5 mg half a day.
now my question is still i have mild giddiness always it was affect my normal life cycle what i can do? which medicine suitable for me?
Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Betahistine tablets would help you.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting your query.

I have noted your symptoms.

You can take betahistine tablets for relief of giddiness. The usual brand available in XXXXXXX is VERTIN.

If you were my patient, I would start a dose of 16 mg three times daily and use for one month.

I would review you after one month.

I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information.

Wishing you good health,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for dizziness caused after a vasovagal attack 24 hours later
Thank you sir, I want to know shall i continue the existing medicines Starvas 10 Mg (od night only - colostral ), Sompraz 40 mg (BD - heart burning), Concor con 2.5 mg (half tables morning - BP). Now You prescribed vertin 16mg (This tablet i was taken at the time of attack four months continuously- BD-vertin 20mg. i was working till april'2011 (10 years without break work continously but last 3 years i was going outside two days a week only. Please help to lead normal life.

SIR SHALL I CONTINUE ALL THE ABOVE MEDICINE OR NOT. KINDLY INFORM ME.
SHALL I TAKE ANY SCAN,BLOOD TEST OR ANY OTHER (I WAS TAKE BLOOD TEST EVERY 6 MONTHS ONLY).

THANKING YOU,

P XXXXXXX
M.COM,BLIS,PGDCA,PGDBA,PGDMA,PGDMM,PGDBA,DIP IN LAW OF TAXATION

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can continue other medications.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for getting back with more details.

You can continue to take all other medications, as they are for other diseases.

There is no need to do any investigations at present.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for dizziness caused after a vasovagal attack 42 hours later
Thanks sir as per your instruction i will follow the medicines. My left hand has pain past one week.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Thank you.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for getting back.

Pain would settle down with simple analgesics such as aceclofenac tablets.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)