Suggest treatment for dizziness and lethargy while on Diltiazem

Dr. Kathy Robinson

Posted on Wed, 7 Sep 2016 in Elderly Problems
Question: I am88yell dizzy and tiredears old Iam taking Diltiazem 240mg,Fenofibrate 160,mg and Losarlanout my/Hctz my BP are130/61 or sometime 107/50 pulse51 or 41 . I feel dizzy and tired I am worry about my Pulse rate. what shall I do ? I drink planty water during a day
Answered by Dr. Kathy Robinson 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
see your doctor right away

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for your question.
It is important for you to talk to your doctor. Mostly your blood pressures are okay but a BP of 107/50 is a bit too low. The diltiazem can cause dizziness and slowed heart rate.
Your doctor may want to lower your dose of the diltiazem once they understand that your pulse and blood pressure are low and that you are having symptoms of dizziness and fatigue.
Please let your doctor know as soon as possible.
You do not want to get so dizzy that you fall and break something.
Please let me know if you have further questions
Dr. Robinson