Suggest treatment for diarrhea, severe chills and fever
Probably an infection from pool water
Dear Nworadioman, the chills your wife has experienced means that she had an elevated body temperature ( fever)..
Fever along with diarrhea after swimming in a pool is most probably due to infection by a bacteria in the pool that accidentally got into her stomach.. She will need to take antipyretics (PARACETAMOL 650mg twice to thrice daily after food) and medications like Probiotics.. Along with these, she should also remain adequately hydrated with enough fluids or take oral rehydration solution to avoid any dehydration..
If the fever and diarrhea lasts more than 3 days then she might need an antibiotic..
I hope I answered your question and I'll be happy to answer any further questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms of Severe chills
- Severe chills causes
- Treatment and cure for Severe chills
- Muscle cramps followed by severe chills
- What is the cause for severe chills
- Diagnosis of Severe chills
- Severe chills and heart disease
- Have fever severer chills and excruciating aches after tooth extraction
- Severe chills and shaking
- Severe chills with no fever
- What causes blood in stool while on Ibuprofen and Tylenol?
- Does Benzonatate interact with Trazodone?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea, severe chills and fever
- What causes a lump in the armpit and fever?
- Suggest treatment for mucus in nasal passage
- Suggest treatment for throat pain and difficulty in swallowing
- Is chronic fatigue a symptom of Lyme's disease?
- Can Azithromycin cause painful lumps in the breasts?
- Suggest treatment for enlarged lymph nodes in the armpit and fatigue
- What causes severe vomiting and foul urine odor?