Ask a Urologist   »  

Suggest treatment for chills and body tremors

Jul 2016

I believe my wife has Sepsis (urinary infection). She has taken the last of her medication provided by a medical doctor in Winnipeg (Phenazopyridine Hydrochloride 97.5 mg). We are currently in Arizona. She is currently suffering from acute chills and shaking.
She is thirst, drinking water, and has just taken 2 tylenol, the chills appear to have settled back a little - she is urinating, and her pulse is approx 80/minute per the fitbit she is wearing. She is normally very healthy and does not suffer from any known diseases.
Posted Fri, 24 Nov 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
She is likely to have UTI.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for query .

Based on the facts that you have posted frequency for urination and fever with chills that your wife has is mostly due UTI..

Get her routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.

Give her broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefixime along with urinary antiseptic like
Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure she drinks more water to keep urine dilute

However since she has recently come back from XXXXXXX I would suggest to get her blood tests for peripheral smear done to rule out Malarial Infection ..

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.