Suggest treatment for diarrhea in children despite medication
Give him imodium
I understand your concerns but don't worry. Most likely cause of gastroenteritis or diarrhoea in this age group is self limiting viral infections and food born infection. You need to take following measures to help him:
1. Give him Imodium (2 mg) twice daily for next 2 days to decrease the frequency of stools.
2. Keep him well hydrated by regular feeds and oral rehydration therapy such as lemonade, soups or buttermilk. Instead of water, ORS will be more useful.
3. The dose of Oflox OZ is insufficient. Change it to tablet twice daily for next 5 days.
Hopefully this will help you. I would be happy to help you in any further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the suggested medication for diarrhea and vomiting
- Suggest medication for sickness and diarrhea
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea and vomiting
- Suggest treatment for recurrent diarrhea
- What treatment is suggested for diarrhea
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea with sinus
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea
- What is the treatment for diarrhea in children
- Suggest medication for diarrhea
- Severe menstrual pain mefanamic acid medication taken getting diarrhea treatment