Is Bifilac advisable for loose stools in a child?
My baby(11 months old) is having slight loose motion since 10am. His last two meals are sambar rice at 9p and cerelac at 1130pm yesterday.
Four months back, our pediatrician prescribed bifilac for loose motion. Can we use the same ? If yes, what's the dosage? or we should take any other medicine ?
Loose motions are mostly viral in babies
Thanks for your query.
Loose motions are mostly viral in nature and get better on their own in babies. Medicines like antibiotics or probiotics like bifilac are usually unnecessary and ineffective. If there is vomiting then medicine like syrup Ondem maybe given 1-2 times a day.
In babies, most important is to keep then well-hydrated with cleaner water, ORS, coconut water or other fluids. Milk maybe be continued in mild diarhea. Juices are best avoided during diarhea. Fluids are given after every loose motion, vomiting or whenever baby wants it.
In diet give whatever the baby wants to have, fruit can also be given. Cerelac and other foods can also be continued.
Hope it helps. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Bifilac powder for child
- Bifilac loose motions pregnant
- Usages of bifilac
- How bifilac powder helps in loose motions
- Bifilac probiotic for kids in loose motion
- Bifilac will it stop loose stools
- Does bifilac taken for upset stomach cause loose motions
- Bifilac for infants in loose motions
- Bifilac for gastroenteritis
- Bifilac hp loose motions
- Breathlessness, dizziness. Have PVCs. When do you know they are causing...
- Having abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhea. On antitubercular...
- Baby started teething. Diet plan to increase weight?
- Having protected sex. Started spotting before period. Taking midol for...
- Broke my distal fibula. On elavil for cold feet. Having sensory nerve...
- Took regestrone for hyperplacia. Again started with irregular and heavy...
- Taking SN-15 for bad throat. Having speaking difficulty. Prescribed...
- What is the normal penis size in flaccid and erect state?
- Have itching on the penis, premature ejaculation and erectile...
- Taking lupron. Feeling weak and started sweating. What is the underlying...