Suggest treatment for dermatitis on scalp

Neurologist, Surgical
Question
i have White spots raises the itch severely in my head and I need a medicine or solution for these spots
Posted Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Sounds like dermatitis or dandruff

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Thanks for coming to HealthCareMagic. From what you have described here, i think you might be suffering from Dandruff or from inflammation of the skin.. which is known as Dermatitis. Ideally, the best way to figure this out is to take a picture and upload it to the site directly. That way I can see the lesion and give you a diagnosis with some useful advice.

I look forward to your reply.

Vinay

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for dermatitis on scalp 2 hours later
you will find white spots and red itch

Answered by Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj 3 days later
Brief Answer:
Dandruff by the look of it.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, Sorry for the delay. Have not been keeping well myself. From the look of the picture you have sent me, i would say that you are suffering from either Dandruff, or something called Seborrhic dermatitis. The second one is just another version of the same dandruff.

The treatment for both is basically the same. You need to use a shampoo with the antifungal Ketoconazole in it for about 2 weeks. There are many such shampoos out there. One of them is the famous Nirzoral brand. You can use that if you like.

Try it for two weeks, that should solve your problem happily.

Vinay

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for dermatitis on scalp 31 hours later
I have been using shampoo for this case for almost a year with no result and I usually use Ducray (Kertyol) and it helps to remove but not stop the white spots

Answered by Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj 44 hours later
Brief Answer:
Kerytol antidandruff

Detailed Answer:
I see that you have bene using one such shampoo. If this has not been helping you for that long, then you need to be examined by a Dermatologist. The basic issues have all been ruled out, Now we have to look into Details that a specialist would know. I suggest you use your corporate portal and post a "Ask a Specialist" query to the dermatologists. Someone will help you in short order.

Hope this helps

Vinay