• question-icon

Suggest treatment for depression

Posted on Tue, 1 Aug 2017 in Mental Health
Question: Hi Dr.
I had a CT scan , they said the diverticulitis is getting better . Even though I know it's getting better ,I still feel very sick and depressed and I don't know why . I don't know how to come out of this depression and get back to my life . I feels like it stold my life and its hart to get back . I don't know where to start , everything make me anxious because I feel like it could come back . I wake up ok , then an hour or so later I start getting anxiety and all i want to do is sleep , I don't know what the first step is to get through this .
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

I'm sorry you are suffering from depression. The first step is to see a psychiatrist and get evaluated for an antidepressant medication. These are safe and effective medications that can help lift a very depressed mood. I recommend considering either Zoloft, Lexapro, or Prozac. In time, you will feel better.

Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.

In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private web address below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private web address: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist