Suggest treatment for dengue fever
I am 29 year old, non smoker, non drinker. My BP, when last checked about a month ago was in 130s/80s. For the last 15 days, I have been experiencing chest pains mostly on left side. The pain is very mild , sometimes circulates to the left hand , sometimes to the right, sometimes to the neck, sometimes just below my armpit, not particularly after physical exercise.
Just to give a background, last month I had dengue fever and as a symptom I had gas problems but after the virus had gone, the gas problems also disappeared. I had no chest pains during or immediately after fever had gone. The pain started after 5 or 6 days after dengue .
As far as heart is concerned, last year I had a ECG and Echo test as part of routine body check up , everything was normal . But that was last year.
Is my chest pain related to CAD or any other heart problem.
I also have a habit of sleeping at bad postures while sleeping and almost every day I feel some muscle like pain on my back on the left side right below the shoulder. Is the pain because of this? Apart from this, I have a very stressful life.
Sorry, for a long description. But I fear I would have a heart disease at such a young age. Kindly, suggest.
Thanks for the query,
Cardiac origin of pain in a male in late twenties is highly unlikely unless you are a chronic smoker or have a very strong family history of cardiac ailments in early age.
Secondarily your echo and other tests are normal.
It's not likely to be a cardiac pain dear.
Chest pain in young patients is usually caused by gastritis acid reflux and gas disorder. It's not necessary that all symptoms are always there in gastritis or peptic disorders.
Muscular pain is very difficult to differentiate from gastric pain easiest way is to take a tablet of Diclofenac 50 mg if you feel that pain is a bit better it's muscular otherwise its due to gastritis.
From the cardiac point of view, you are ok.
A gastroenterologist should be consulted for further treatments and opinions.
Just to remind I had done the ECG and Echo test last year where all reports were normal. Does this imply that my heart is in good state this year also , in other words what should be the frequency of heart tests for a adult of my age?
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Dengue fever hair loss treatment
- Dengue fever constantly peeing
- Dengue fever black eye
- Dengue fever and carditis
- Hyperthermia related to dengue fever
- Dietary management for dengue fever
- Side effect dengue fever
- Hip pain and dengue fever
- Heaviness feeling in forehead after dengue fever treatment
- Dengue fever rash treatment
- What does the following test report during 18 weeks of pregnancy indicate?
- What are the repercussions of Gabapentin overdose?
- What causes aortic root dilatation while having hypertension?
- What do these following blood reports indicate?
- Suggest treatment for sharp pain in the sternum area
- What does this following blood report indicate?
- What does this thyroid blood test report indicate?
- What does this echocardiogram report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for soreness and pain in the knees
- Suggest treatment for high cholesterol levels and headaches