Suggest treatment for delayed menstruation

Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 19 Oct 2015 in Women's Health
Question: Okay so I haven't had my period in awhile I usually get at least 20-22 days apart my last one was August 29. I do had mono for about a month but I went back to work 2 weeks ago. Is there any chance that the mono is causing my period to be late. Obviously haven't had sex, but I have a boyfriend and we have done everything else.
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes,infection may cause delayed period.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks for trusting hcm about your health care.
I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.
Delayed menses can be due to so many causes including hormonal changes, stress,anxiety, infection,fibroid, PCOD etc.
In your case mono and stress may cause hormonal changes which may further delay your menses.
As you had no sexual interaction than the chances of pregnancy are not their in your case.
So do not take any stress and wait and watch for your menses.
Hope found useful, feel free to discuss more information.
Good luck.