Suggest treatment for decreased fetal movement during 36 weeks of pregnancy
Confirmed by BPP and NST.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Before inducing prematurely, it is best to confirm the diagnosis of decreased fetal movement with the help of ultrasound scan - a biophysical profile (BPP) and non stress test (NST). But all these facilities were not available 60 years ago.
Usually a decrease in fetal movement happens due to a decrease in the amount of liquor. It can cause a fetal distress at the time of labor. Waiting further for fetal maturity can cause a further decrease in the amount of liquor that increases the chances of a cesarean delivery.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
NST is conclusive.
Thanks for writing again.
Even if BPP was 10/10, NST should have been done to detect any fetal distress. In case NST would have been normal then waiting till 37 completed weeks would have decreased the chances o respiratory distress.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pregnancy 27 weeks fetal movement
- Fetal movement during pregnancy 33 weeks
- Excessive fetal movement during pregnancy
- Decreased fetal movement 28 weeks
- Fetal movement complications during pregnancy
- Pregnancy 18 weeks fetal movement
- When does the fetal movement start during pregnancy
- Decreased fetal movement at 31 weeks
- Decreased fetal movement 22 weeks
- Decreased fetal movement 29 weeks
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...