Suggest Treatment For Cough, Cold And Fever In An Elderly Despite Taking Febrex
Measure blood pressure if you have BP instrument at home.
Thanks for your question on HealthcareMagic.
I can understand your concern.
Fever with chills, cough and cold are seen with viral infection.
Fever in elderly causes hypotension and this is more worrisome.
So, first measure blood pressure if you have BP instrument at home.
If blood pressure is low then immediately take her to the hospital for Intravenous fluids.
If blood pressure is normal then you can continue with Febrex plus tablet.
Also give Azithromycin 500mg (antibiotic, prescription medication) once a day after breakfast for 3 days.
Make sure she drinks plenty of fluids orally.
If fever is worsening or her general condition deteriorates then immediately take her to the hospital.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further.
Wishing good health to your grandmother.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- First aid nondisplaced rib fracture treatment
- Eyelid milia treatment
- Food for varicocele treatment
- Friction burn scar treatment
- Fissure sentinel pile treatment
- Facial meth sores treatment
- Food to be avoided during acitrom treatment
- Foreskin dry tear treatment
- Flow chart for arrythmia treatment
- Foreskin inflammation treatment