Suggest treatment for cough and nasal congestion caused by climatic changes

Dr. Priyanka G Raj

Infectious Diseases Specialist

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hi Doc,

whenever the session change mainly the temperature I suffer on cough and nose chock. can please suggest any tretment.

Thanks & regards
xxxxxxxxxxx
Answered by Dr. Priyanka G Raj 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
seasonal flu

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for the query
According to your history you are getting seasonal flu, mostly viral flu.This is due to climatic changes. Nothing to worry.
Take rest
Tale plenty of fluids
If fever and other symptoms are more, you can take tab Sinarest twice daily for 2 days. it contains Paracetamol for fever and antihistamine for cold and dry cough.it clears your nose and helps in easy respiration.
If you have cough with sputum, it may be due to secondary bacterial infection.So take antibiotic Tab Azithromycin 500 md, one tab daily for 3 days.

Dr Priyanka G Raj
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng