• question-icon

Suggest treatment for constipation

Posted on Wed, 26 Jul 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Is there a pain free way to remove stuck stool without using an enema or any type of insert?
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes there is but results may vary.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query.
Have seen your question and i appreciate your concerns.

You can ask you gastroenterologist to prescribe you Polyethelene Glycol.Polyethylene glycol-electrolyte solution is used to empty the colon. PEG-ES is in a class of medications called osmotic laxatives. It works by causing watery diarrhea so that -the stool can be emptied from the colon. The medication also contains electrolytes to prevent dehydration and other serious side effects that may be caused by fluid loss as the colon is emptied.Polyethylene glycol-electrolyte solution (PEG-ES) comes as a powder to mix with water and take by mouth.You have to drink one 8 ounce of PEG-ES every 10 or 15 minutes, and to continue drinking until your liquid bowel movements are clear.It will clear your bowel.,you can take Magnesium citrate also.It is also a osmotic diuretic with same effect as Polyethylene glycol.
However in case if it also does not help then you have to go for Digital evacuation.

Hope i answered your query well.
Follow ups are welcome.

Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Gastroenterologist