Suggest treatment for colon polyps

Dr. Ronald Schubert

Posted on Wed, 27 Jul 2016 in Blood Disorders
Question: During my colonoscopy my doctor removed 4 polyps but did not remove a growth he found. He is sending tissues to the lab for further testing and will wait for the results before recommending further actions. my question: Does this mean that the growth could be malignent
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
polyps

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns

You are concerned about a finding on your colonoscopy. The found 4 polyps and took biopsies and you report they found a growth but did not remove it. If they found a growth they would have taken biopsies of the growth. They would not have just left it alone. Is it possible to be colon cancer? unknown. Until you get your biopsy results there is no use in speculating what this could be. I recommend that you wait and see. It is common to find a growth and leave it because it is too big to remove with the colonoscope. If the biopsies are benign they will leave it alone. So to answer your question is this possible malignancy? Maybe

I hope I answered your question. Please contact us again if you have any additional questions