Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for clitoral pain

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1279 Questions
I am a 30 yr old single woman. I have not been sexually active in years but I masturbate frequently and sometimes my clit will start to hurt and continue to hurt the next day. Is there anything topical I can use to ease the pain?
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: Use some mositurizing cream locally. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for choosing Healthcaremagic. You can use some moisturizing cream locally to ease the discomfort, along with that you can take some oral analgesic drugs for pain relief, like Ibuprofen or aceclofenac tablets. As the clitoral area is very sensitive I usually don't recommend any analgesic cream. Please be gentle when you masturbate and keep the clitoral area clean and dry. You can even try a sitz bath. Have a look at your clitoral area carefully, if you find any lesion or excoriation then its better you dont masturbate for few days till the lesion gets healed. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor