Suggest treatment for chronic abdominal pain

Dr. Naveen Poola

Urologist

Posted on Wed, 24 Sep 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: i am Ranganath M, age of 37 years, recent days i am getting huge pain in right sight of the abdomen, last 2 days i had huge pain in the stommoche so had a ultrasound scan of abdomen, which says the impression as : Right hydronephrosis with 5 MM UVJ calculus.

i am not sure how sevior this means? what is the best way to get rid of this issue now?
Answered by Dr. Naveen Poola 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
stone of 5 MM in the renal system located at uret

Detailed Answer:

Thank You for consulting HealthcareMagic!

Right hydronephrosis with 5 MM UVJ calculus- means that you have a stone of 5 MM in the renal system located at ureterovesical junction. This is causing obstruction and has lead to swelling of right kidney(Right hydronephrosis).

Based on your symptoms, physical examination- treatment plan can be managed. If the stone is not coming out on it's own by supportive and conservative measures, you treating doctor may opt to remove it through a minor surgical procedure. So, appropriated follow up is needed and I suggest not to neglect.

Stay healthy and thank you for consulting! You can contact me again anytime, if you need clarifications or further assistance in future. Kindly rate the answer if you are satisfied.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj