Suggest treatment for chronic Lyme disease and chronic fatigue syndrome

Posted on Tue, 16 Jun 2015 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: hello. i have chronc lyme disease/ chronic fatigue syndrome. My FSH and LH and Antidiurtetic hormone are all low. As well as progesterone. my pituitary MRI was normal. I have head pressure and at times severe headaches with constant fatigue and random hypolgycemia. Any thoughts. I am seein an endocrinologist at Stanford U niversity next week.

Wondering what your thoughts are.
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hormones

Detailed Answer:
I understand what you are saying here.

If your menstrual cycles are regular, then the FSH LH and progesterone tests do not matter much, if at all.

If your blood sodium levels are normal, and you dont have excessive thirst/urination then the low Anti diuretic hormone test is also not very useful.

Regarding the other symptoms, I consider ordering the following tests, in addition to a thorough physical examination, when I see someone in my practice who presents to me with symptoms similar to yours.

CBC
CMP
TSH
Free T4
8 am serum cortisol
Prolactin

Furthermore at the time of suspected hypoglycemia, I ask my patients to check a fingerstick glucose with a monitoring device. If thta is less than 70, I request to see me at the office for more comprehensive evaluation that includes venous blood sampling for

Blood glucose , and if this is less than 55, then I process the same blood sample for

Insulin
Pro insulin
C peptide
Beta hydroxy butyrate
Oral hypoglycemic agent panel
Insulin auto antibodies
IGF2

Follow up: Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 7 hours later
thanks.

In regard to the fsh etc. i have pmdd and take birth control pills everyday. i still get bleeding and it will last for a long time, 6 weeks the last time in february despite taking amethia lo.
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Follow up

Detailed Answer:
I see.

Your gynecologist is the best person to resolve the menstrual problems
Dr. Shehzad Topiwala

Endocrinologist