What causes burning sensation in the hand and bluish discoloration on the fingers?

Dr. Suma Parinam

Posted on Wed, 9 May 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I am having troubles with my hands. This morning I woke up and my right hand was swollen and I had a shooting pain in my leg and back. That went away but now my left had is swollen and the fingers are a bluish color

Also, failed to mention that my hands have a burning sensation to them. Almost like a throbbing. That has stopped for the moment and most of the pain is in the thumb and running toward the wrist.
Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Blood supply issue

Detailed Answer:

I understand your query and appreciate the concern raised.
Burning sensation and throbbing is because of vascular issues to the body parts. Similarly bluish discoloration is because of inadequate venous flow from the body part back to the heart. THe venous blood has less oxygen and gives bluish hue.

You should immediately see a surgeon to check for the reasons for sluggish blood flow back to the heart. Let me know if I can help further.
THere is nothing you can do from home. It needs to be investigated thoroughly when you have both hands and leg involved.