Suggest treatment for chilblains
Please upload images
I can certainly understand your concerns.
I can guide you better if you can upload images of the involved toes and feet areas.
This can help me to assess your condition better and do the needful.
Oral pills of NIFEDEPINE will Help
I apologize for the delayed response considering my hectic work as schedule.
I worked through your query in detail and can certainly understand your concerns.
Steroids have no proven value in the treatment of Chillblains.Also, it is wise to avoid them considering your age and other medical comorbidities.
Cold induced vasospam is the main underlying cause for the injury if the toe.
You possibly seem to have chronic resistant and recurrent pernio.Thus need treatment with oral pills of Calcium channel blockers.
These are excellent drugs known to control and cause symptomatic improvement in Chillblains.
I generally prescribe to my patients oral pills of extended release form of Tab NIFEDEPINE 60 mg once a day for 3 months.Further dose and duration of therapy is largely based on the degree of response shown by your toes, which can be assessed after 1 month.
Avoid exposure to cold and keep your extremities warm and dry.
If possible and feasible, I recommend exposure of feet to UV radiation which is known to offer prophylactic benefits in Chillblains.
Additionally, I recommend blood tests like CBC and ANA profile to rule out connective tissue disorder which is very commonly associated with recurrent Chillblains.
Overall the prognosis is pretty good in isolated Chillblains and NIFEDEPINE should offer you the required assurance.
Post your further queries if any.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What does this lipid profile test result indicate?
- What are the symptoms of mononucleosis?
- What causes constant diarrhoea while on Lithium?
- Is frequent defecation an effective method to pass THC detox test?
- How long should i take Nasonex and Montair LC for allergies?
- How to gain weight?
- What causes difficulty in losing weight along with numbness in hands and...
- What does cochran drug screening detect?
- What causes recurrent ulcers in mouth despite taking medication?
- Suggest treatment for complete ACL tear in knee