Suggest treatment for chest congestion and breathing difficulty

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Thu, 30 Mar 2017 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: I am congested and having problems breathing. I went to the , anddrs on Tuesday and was prescribe antibiotics, inhaler, musinex, nasal spray, and benzonatate plus I was given a sterile shot. Initially, I felt better but now I am more congested and I can barely breathe. What do I do?
YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You should immediately consult your doctor.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
By your history and description, possibility of severe bronchitis is more.
You were improving initially. This is mostly due to steroid shot.
I think, you will again need injectable steroids to control your symptoms.
Along with injectable steroids, you may need higher antibiotics, injectable bronchodilators and Nebulization.
So better to consult your doctor immediately and start injectable treatment.
May I know the name of inhaler you are taking at present?
I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana