Suggest treatment for cheilitis
My lips is getting dry and getting broken down a bit. I am using petroleum jelly but not getting much benefits.
Hello. Thank you for writing to us
I am dr.kakkar (dermatologist). I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.
You have cheilitis i.e inflammation of lips which can present as dryness and cracking of lips. Cheilitis can be due to vitamin deficiency or sometimes due to harsh weather and excess sun exposure.
I would suggest you to use Flutivate cream, twice daily, for a week. Thereafter you may use a lip balm with SPF, regularly e.g Chaptex lip balm.
I would also suggest you to take a B-complex vitamin supplement, once daily e.g Becosule- Z Capsule.
For how many days, I have to take B Complex vitamin supplements? Can I take Revital @place of Becosule Z or which one will better e.g Revital or Becosule Z?
Thanks & regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Homeopathy treatment for cheilitis glandularis
- Treatment and cure for cheilitis
- Angular cheilitis treatment prescription
- Treatment and cure for Actinic cheilitis
- Treatment and cure for exfoliative cheilitis
- Treatment and cure for granulomatous cheilitis
- Angular cheilitis treatment fucidin
- Treatment and cure for angular cheilitis
- Laser treatments and exfoliative cheilitis
- Exfoliative cheilitis treatment 2010