Suggest treatment for burning sensation in legs
Can be due to many causes.
Thanks for posting your query to HCM.
Many causes of such burning sensations in the legs are there. These include injury to the back or spinal cord, Lack of blood supply to the legs as a result of plaque formation in the blood vessels, diabetes, stroke, multiple sclerosis and under-active thyroid. Abnormal levels of calcium, potassium, or sodium in your body and a lack of Vitamin B12 can also cause tingling and pins and needle sensations.
Firstly, I’ll request you to get your blood sugar/HbA1c (glycated hemoglobin) tested to rule out Diabetes mellitus. Also get your thyroid hormones levels evaluated. You can take some vit B12 for some days and see if the symptoms improve. Continue taking Gabapentin till then.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment burning sensation and pain in throat
- Suggest treatment for pain and burning sensation in vaginal area
- Dry patch on leg that itches burning sensation treatment
- Suggest treatment for burning sensation of chest and stomach
- Suggest treatment for burning sensation and irritation of penis
- Suggest treatment for bloody nose discharge and burning sensation
- Burning sensation in leg treatment
- Burning sensation on the outside of right ear suggest treatment
- What treatment is suggested for burning sensation during urination
- Suggest treatment for swelling and burning sensation on the eyelids