Suggest treatment for burning pain in the feet
Plus I have a red rash like area showing up on both of my knees over the past year. It almost looks like broken blood vessels-- no pain or itch- I take Invokana, Metformin, Victoza, and Levimir
Sorry to learn about your bothersome symptoms.
The burning pain in feet could be due to neuropathy. It is a complication of diabetes but you will need a thorough evaluation in order to diagnose it accurately.
The rash seems unusual. Consult a dermatologist.
When I see someone like you in my practice, I typically order the following blood tests in addition to a detailed physical examination:
CBC (Complete Blood Count, also known as Hemogram; includes Hemoglobin, WBC and Platelet counts)
Electrolytes (Sodium and Potassium in particular)
HbA1c (Glycosylated Hemoglobin = your last 3 months' glucose average). Also known by other names such as GlycoHemoglobin or Glycated Hemoglobin or A1c
Liver function tests (SGOT , SGPT, Albumin, Bilirubin, Alkaline Phosphatase)
Kidney function tests (BUN, Creatinine)
TSH (checks your thyroid) 12 hour Fasting Lipid profile
Urine albumin to Creatinine Ratio (early sign of diabetes affecting the kidney)
25 hydroxy Vitamin D levels (ideal range 40 to 60 ng/ml = 100 to 150 nmol/liter)
Correct diagnosis and treatment requires the opportunity to examine the patient so you must see an endocrinologist in-person.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for skin burn on feet
- Suggest treatment for edema feet
- Flat feet pain treatment
- Treatment for burns on soles of feet
- Treatment for feet pain in the morning
- Physiotherapy treatment for burning feet
- Suggest treatment for extremely painful large bumps of feet
- Treatment and cure for pain in feet
- Suggest treatment for painful feet inspite of being diabetic
- Treatment for pain and burning in soles of feet
- Thyroid problem,unable to conceive,hormone deficiency
- How are headaches and vitiligo treated ?
- Feel cold, lightheadedness, memory problems, foggy thinking,...
- Hypothyroidism due to Hashimoto's thyroiditis, taking Thyronorm. Do you...
- Underweight, taken dexamethasone. How can I gain weight?
- What can be done for a high blood sugar? Have frequent urination.
- Had hormone imbalance. Used androgel when testosterone went down. Will...
- Have a postprandial hypoglycemic reaction to foods with carbs. Gaining...
- Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. Is Armour thyroid or Erfa thyroid better...
- Cold feeling after eating sugar. Headache, fever, BP high, have...