question-icon

Suggest treatment for bronchitis and severe hair loss

Posted on Thu, 17 Dec 2015
Question: Good Afternoon,
Back in August I got bronchitis and started noticing some hair loss but now it seems like I am still losing a lot of hair and not sure why.
Answered by Dr. Rovena Murati (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
detailed below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello ,

Welcome to Healthcare Magic.

I read carefully your query.

A lot of conditions can cause hair loss.Extreme stress,illness ,surgery,weight changes are some of the common causes.The change of hormones in menopause ,can also trigger hair loss.
If you hair continue to fall out more than normal ,I would suggest to consult a dermatologist.A detailed medical history and physical examination is necessary.
You may need to do some tests to exclude other common causes like anemia, thyroid disorders,polycystic ovary syndrome etc.
-Complete blood count
-Thyroid function tests

If all these tests are normal and physical examination is normal ,then it might be just a temporary hair loss.
You need to consult a dermatologist for proper evaluation.

Hope it helps.
Let me know if you have any question.

Kind regards,
Dr.Rovena Murati

Dr. Rovena Murati