Suggest treatment for breast bone pain

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 10 Mar 2017 in Lump
Question: I have breast bone pain which goes around both sides of my ribs but worse on the right side. Not been injured or had surgery. Have auto immune, mycoplasma ? Worse I'm morning. Not on any meds. No trouble breathing. Pain about a 5 this morn. I've been to so many Doctors I don't think anyone can find the answer! Have been told I have an infection but don't know where? Pain and fatigue. Can't take asprin
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Most probably costochondritis.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Noted all the history you have so well provided.
Since the problem is of breast bone pain which goes around both sides of ribs - worse on right side - worse in the morning - read the information you have provided under medications tried - all normal I would think of the following:
This looks to be due to costochondritis.
Local pressure can relieve or increase the pain.
There is no specific cause of this problem, it is supposed to be started after flu or enteric infection.
Anxiety and/or stress may instigate or enhance the problem in some patients.
All the investigations will be normal.
Please discuss about this with your Doctor, get local examination and treatment accordingly.

I hope this answer helps you to get the proper diagnosis and proper management to get a relief.
Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 2 hours later
Nope sorry,not that. Its already gone this morn. Fatigue, joint and muscle pain, hurt under ribs and it itches in side, Pretty sure it's mycoplasma? RA factor is very low 15. What test should I get for mycoplasma lymes?
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
The diagnosis is very elusive

Detailed Answer:
Mycoplasma can be suspected if other tests are normal and the history is suggestive so.
Only PCR tests can detect Mycoplasma infection. There is still no specific test that can detect Mycoplasma. This is the biggest hurdle and a Specialist in the field could be contacted, particularly Infectious disease Specialist. He can evaluate the best, ask for specific tests so that detection of the causative organisms and management becomes fruitful.

Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 48 minutes later
I live near XXXXXXX Calif. Where can I find a infectious disease specialist?
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please consult your PCP

Detailed Answer:
Your Family Physician/ PCP can guide you the best.
Please consult Him/Her.
Please give feedback.