• question-icon

    Suggest treatment for brachial neuritis

Posted on Tue, 25 Apr 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: Hello, I live in XXXXXXX TN and there are no physicians who specialize in peripheral nerve injuries. I have Brachial Plexus Neuritis, Long Thoracic Nerve compression and lower trunk plexus palsy. I desperately need to see a specialist in this area of medicine. So you have a recommendation. The doctors here just want my pain management doctor to prescribe more drugs and the pain and disability is progressing. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
A neurologist can take care of your problems.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query. As such, neurology or neuro-medicine is the medical specialty that will deal with peripheral neuropathy including branchial plexus neuropathy. Sometimes, defiiciency of certain B vitamins can lead to such a presentation. In such cases taking methylcobalamine (a form of B vitamin) 1500 mcg once daily for a couple of weeks usually provides relief. You might also benefit from seeing a physical therapist. He would be able assess your condition and suggest proper exercises and postures that could help you. Hot compress should help.

Feel free to write back.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Answered by
Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :1954

Answered : 4439 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Brachial plexus

doctor1 MD

I am curious as to what causes tingling below the scapula . I have had this one an off for the past year or so. Sometimes, I don t have it for...

doctor1 MD

Sir, i have a bening tumour entangled in brachial plexus region,doctors suggested operation is not required as its risky and i get pain only when i...

doctor1 MD

my right upper side of my chest and arm have this weird tingling feeling when I move. It is mostly on my right upper side of my right breast. are...

doctor1 MD

I am an RN. My husband has a pacemaker. He is 73 years old. He just told me he feels some tingling in his left arm and top shoulder area. ( I just...

doctor1 MD

My Name is Krishna and I am working as a Computer Engineer in India since 2003. I have been working long hours with the computer all these years....

doctor1 MD

yes, i had a huge blunt object fall on my shoulder a year and a half ago, that seemed bruised @ first then resulted over time atrophy of shoulder...

doctor1 MD

I have a patient ,88 year old lady with right arm swelling, in a dependent oeadema type distributuon, she had DVT ruled out, and her CT body did...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

188 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha
  • Q - Suggest treatment for severe loose motion

  • Q - Is there any cure for degenerative mucoid cyst associated with...

  • Q - Suggest treatment for chronic severe diarrhea and stomach pain

  • Q - Does Klonopin of a different brand cause any adverse reactions?

  • Q - What causes unusual sweating?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for joints pain in a person with IBS

  • Q - What are the side effects of Superglue injection?

  • Q - Suggest remedy for excessive dryness in mouth

  • Q - Is restarting of Casodex advisable after stopping it?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for severe constipation