• question-icon

Suggest treatment for brachial neuritis

Posted on Tue, 25 Apr 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: Hello, I live in XXXXXXX TN and there are no physicians who specialize in peripheral nerve injuries. I have Brachial Plexus Neuritis, Long Thoracic Nerve compression and lower trunk plexus palsy. I desperately need to see a specialist in this area of medicine. So you have a recommendation. The doctors here just want my pain management doctor to prescribe more drugs and the pain and disability is progressing. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
A neurologist can take care of your problems.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query. As such, neurology or neuro-medicine is the medical specialty that will deal with peripheral neuropathy including branchial plexus neuropathy. Sometimes, defiiciency of certain B vitamins can lead to such a presentation. In such cases taking methylcobalamine (a form of B vitamin) 1500 mcg once daily for a couple of weeks usually provides relief. You might also benefit from seeing a physical therapist. He would be able assess your condition and suggest proper exercises and postures that could help you. Hot compress should help.

Feel free to write back.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha