Suggest treatment for bowel cancer
Not much concerned about cancer, but better to rule it out anyway.
Thank you for posting your question to HCM,
Visible bleeding in the stools is rarely a sign of cancer, but it can not be ruled out.
In general hemorrhoids are the cause of it, which are varicose veins or the rectal area. They get swollen, painful mostly because of long time constipation in patients. You can see them sometimes in the anal area like painful lumps.
Though, we can never say that something is not a cancer, unless we confirm/rule out the diagnoses for sure.
I would recommend you consider a visit to the specialist, who will check for hemorrhoids and if he will not see evidence for them, doing a colonoscopy would be the best next exam who will tell for sure if it is cancer or not.
Another thing you should have in mind to check is a Complete blood count, and see for Anemia, because loosing blood continuously may bring to it.
I have to say also, that because of your age, the history of constipation and the fact that bleeding is visible, I'm not much concerned about cancer, but checking for this kind of diagnoses and making sure its not the case, would be good to make you be not concerned.
Hope this is helpful. Let me know if you need any more clarification.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Chemotherapy treatment for bowel cancer
- Diet coke bowel cancer
- What is the treatment for stage 4 bowel cancer
- Treatment for advanced bowel cancer
- Bowel cancer treatment and prognosis
- Bowel cancer treatment
- Inoperable bowel cancer
- Treatment and cure for primary bowel cancer
- Done with home care test for bowel cancer suggest
- Treatment and cure for bowel cancer
- What causes bulge around rectal area that appears post exercise?
- Suggest tests to diagnose herpes infection
- What causes difficulty in losing weight while suffering from blood clot...
- Can Hydroxycut be taken daily along with Metformin?
- Suggest treatment for torn achilles tendon and nerve pain on left foot
- Can Clindamycin cause tendon rupture?
- What causes tender lesions on back spreading towards breast?
- What is low body temperature defined as?
- How long does Morphine remain in the body?
- What causes fever, cough and strange sound while breathing?