Suggest treatment for blocked pores in armpit after cyst removal

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: years ago I had a cyst removed from my armpit and for the last few years I have a lot of blocked pores in the same area they do come out after a lot of squeezing but then I get really red in the area how do I get rid of them completely

XXXX
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Application of Tretinoin or Adapalene gel helps

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to the forum.

I can understand your concern for the blocked pores and formation of redness after squeezing.

Let you understand that our skin contains oil glands and these can get blocked due to apposition of surface at arm pit areas.

There are certain biochemical agents which can help to reduce the blockage and therefore unclog the pores. In my patients with your kind of problem I suggest them for the Application of Tretinoin or Adapalene gel. These gels not only removes the clogging material but reduces the oil therefore reduction of depositing material and formation of cysts.

I suggest you to ask your dermatologist for the same and take guidance accordingly.

I hope this information will help you. I will be glad to help you any further.

With regards,

Dr Sanjay
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad