What causes black patches on the face?
remedy for melasma
Hello. thank you.
I am Dr. kakkar (Dermatologist and Venerelogist). I have noted your concern.
Perhaps you have Melasma.
I suggest you to use a broad spectrum sunscreen (spf 50+) throughout the day. Reapply every 2 -3 hours.
At night you may use a kojic acid, hydroquinone, arbutin preparation e.g either Radant Lite cream, Depiwhite cream or Kojiglo forte cream for overnight application on black spots/ patches.
Use an exfoliating face wash containing alpha Hydroxy Acids like glycolic acid e.g either AHA Glow face wash or Tone n Glow face wash.
These are prescription medications and can have side effects like redness, irritation therefore i suggest you to use them under supervision and follow up of your local practitioner.
Also, as I am just 26, my face skin is tender. But these dark patches are not tender and spoiling my appearance. Please help
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What cause a black face after death
- What cause baby black patch tongue
- What causes black patch on face
- What cause you face to turn black
- What causes herald patch
- What causes grey patches on face
- What causes sudden black discoloration on the face
- Cause of death black face
- What causes darkening of face
- Causes of black patches on stool
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body