Suggest treatment for backache and stomach pain

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in Back Pain
Question: Went to dr for backache and slight stomach pain. Did the following blood tests. CBC. BMP ALT AST TSH. All came back fine. Ordered 2 Aleve in am and and 2 in pm. In am I take Prevacid too. That was last Thursday. Still I have back pain and stomach got worse
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Gallstones can be the reason.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Stomach pain and back pain are quite characteristic symptoms of gallstones. Especially if the pain is in the upper middle or right abdomen, appears after fatty foods and causes some nausea. Gallstones usually do not give any blood work changes (if there is no inflammation).
Abdominal ultrasound is the next step at your case for sure. Urine should be checked as well as an infection can act like that.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 20 minutes later
In regards to the blood tests is it safe to assume my liver and pancreas is okay?
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The function of this organs is ok.

Detailed Answer:
You can assume that the function of liver and pancreas is fine and there is no any acute disease of this organs. In simple words, there is no inflammation of pancreas and liver for sure.
For better view of this organs ultrasound (liver) and CT (pancreas) can be done. With this tests negative you can say that this organs are completely healthy.