What causes sudden abdominal cramps, lower back pain and diarrhea?

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 10 May 2018 in Abdominal Pain
Question: My wife has a sudden onset of adominable cramps, lower backache diarrhea with blood in the stool. No temperature . Do I need to take her to the emergency room?
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need to take to ER

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.
Sudden onset of abdominal cramps, diarrhea with blood is definitely indicative of an intestinal infection. Loperamide can only control diarrhea and not the infection. Low backache may be due to the same problem. There may not be a fever in gram negative bacterial infection.
Hence it is better to take her to Emergency Room for clinical evaluation, investigations and proper prescription based medications.
Please give feedback.Brief Answer:
Thansk for your appreciation

Detailed Answer:
Most welcome.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 34 minutes later
Will do. Thank you