Suggest treatment for back pain
what are treatment options?
I need further details
Welcome to HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I understand your concern
I have studied your MRI report.
I need to know following:
1. How severe is your back pain?
2. Any tingling or numbness In legs?
3. Any weakness of legs?
4. Any muscle loss in legs?
5. What medicines you are taking?
Revert with these details.
Legs get numb and arms too.
Legs feel weak.
Don't know if there is muscle loss.
No medicine, just painkiller OTC.
In such scenario if my patient has sensory symptoms I advise surgery
Till then I start my patient on following:
1. Combination of Pregabalin and Methylcobalamine.
2. A SSRI group of drug like Duloxetine.
3. Pain killer like Tramadol on as on when required basis.
But you might eventually require a surgery for slip disc.
If you have any further query please ask me.
My mother in law is in Maldives and we think surgery there may be risky.
She has an option for ayurvedic treatment in XXXXXXX Is this something that would help or would it be palliative only?
In XXXXXXX where she had the MRI, they do the surgery with a tiny incision.
What do you suggest?
I really can't comment about the ayurvedic treatment.
I suppose she should be started on the treatment we had discussed till she can get a comfortable zone for surgery.
Many people don't opt for surgery at this age and amongst them a lot many are doing well on medicines.
Surgery becomes definitive in presence of severe sensory symptoms like numbness and also if there is any muscle loss (that can be compared from the other leg, that is if one limb becomes weak as compared to the other).
If you have any further query please ask me else close the discussion and rate it.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for muscular back pain
- Suggest treatment for sudden back pain
- Terrible back pain suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for back pain
- Suggest treatment for lower back pain
- Suggest treatment for chronic back pain
- Suggest treatment for back pain and cramps
- Suggest ayurvedic treatment for back pain
- Suggest treatment for severe back pain
- Suggest treatment for mechanical back pain