Suggest treatment for arthritis
I read your question carefully and I understand your concern. You sound to be so proud of your children and the beautiful family that you raised together with your husband, I am really sorry he is not physically with you anymore, but at least your children are close to you.
Regarding what else to do regarding arthritis, there isn't that much more really, you seem to have been doing the right things. In terms of medication you are already covered. Some supplements for the joints like chondroitin and glucosamine sulfate, calcium and vitamin D are also commonly used.
As for other non medication measures, drinking fluids is good. Looking at your height and weight it looks like your weight is an issue, possibly one of the main reasons for your joint and spine issues. So while I understand losing weight might be difficult now with the reduced mobility it is a consideration to be made. Also physical therapy has its importance, though I suppose you have had it after your back surgery.
I remain at your disposal for other questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for arthritis in hips and lower back
- What treatment is suggested for arthritis on the lower back
- Suggest treatment for rheumatoid arthritis pain
- Suggest treatment for arthritis pain and skin rash
- Suggest treatment for arthritis and nephrogenic diabetes insipidus
- Treatment rheumatoid arthritis in trichy
- Suggest treatment for rheumatoid arthritis
- Suggest treatment for arthritis
- Suggest treatment for numbnesslower back pain arthritis
- Suggest treatment for psorattic arthritis