Suggest treatment for allergy rhinitis

ENT Specialist
Question
I have allergy rhinitis for XXXXXXX 20 years. I do have chronic sinusitis and when I bend down my head becomes heavy ,feeling like something is rushing in my head. When I sleep upright I feel pressure in my head for a while and I also have a feeling like stretching of my stomach .Do problems of stomach too arise with heavy head
Posted Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in Headache and Migraines

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
As below:

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query.

1. A plain CT PNS (Para Nasal Sinuses) is the gold standard imaging for sinusitis that will settle the diagnosis of Chronic Rhino-Sinusitis (CRS).

2. Allergic rhinitis can be controlled with newer generation anti-allergic medication, nasal steroid sprays and regular steam inhalation.

3. The pressure in the head and face is consistent with CRS.

4. CRS tends to lead to a PND (Post Nasal Drip), which in turn aggravates acidity. This may be one of the reasons for the stretching feeling in the stomach. Get a USG (Ultrasound) of the Abdomen done.

If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.

Regards.