Suggest treatment for allergy rhinitis

Dr. Sumit Bhatti

ENT Specialist

Posted on Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in Headache and Migraines
Question: I have allergy rhinitis for XXXXXXX 20 years. I do have chronic sinusitis and when I bend down my head becomes heavy ,feeling like something is rushing in my head. When I sleep upright I feel pressure in my head for a while and I also have a feeling like stretching of my stomach .Do problems of stomach too arise with heavy head
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
As below:

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query.

1. A plain CT PNS (Para Nasal Sinuses) is the gold standard imaging for sinusitis that will settle the diagnosis of Chronic Rhino-Sinusitis (CRS).

2. Allergic rhinitis can be controlled with newer generation anti-allergic medication, nasal steroid sprays and regular steam inhalation.

3. The pressure in the head and face is consistent with CRS.

4. CRS tends to lead to a PND (Post Nasal Drip), which in turn aggravates acidity. This may be one of the reasons for the stretching feeling in the stomach. Get a USG (Ultrasound) of the Abdomen done.

If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.

Regards.