Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for allergic sneezing

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2584 Questions
I have been suffering from sneezing from past 4 months(Only when i'm in Bangalore).Sneezing follows horrible discomfort at my throat like some muscle tore up.It takes time for my throat to become normal.Some days my nose is all disturbed with sneezy feeling.It all started in mid November. I visited a doctor in mid December. So it was in control.Later I have been to my home town Visakhapatnam for 2 weeks where everything was absolutely fine.After coming back to Bangalore my problems reverted back.On an avg sneezing happens 2 times.Each time if it starts there will be some 10 to 15 sneezings at a time.Please help me
Posted Wed, 26 Feb 2014 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Try saline nasal sprays... Detailed Answer: Dear XXXX You seem to be suffering from an allergic phenomena, perhaps the dust or other external environmental factor is sensitizing your nasal mucosa. I would suggest you to keep saline nasal spray such as nasomist with you always. Spray a couple of doses into each nostril as and when you get the urge to sneeze. This should help. Alternatively I have also prescribed azelastine +/- fluticasone nasal sprays to my patients with similar complaints. They have found it helpful. It can be used only when needed. You can discuss about this option with your treating doctor if the initial saline spray doesn't help. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for allergic sneezing 11 minutes later
So which one should i opt out of the three? 1)nasomist nasal spray 2)azelastine nasal spray 3)fluticasone nasal spray
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 minutes later
Brief Answer: Try nasomist initially... Detailed Answer: You could try nasomist since that is free of any medical drug. The fluid layers the mucosa and prevents further sensitization. If you don't feel great after it, you can visit an ENT surgeon and discuss about azelastine + fluticosone nasal spray. Hope this helps. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for allergic sneezing 3 minutes later
azelastine + fluticosone nasal spray:-Are those 2 sprays to be used one after another or is it a single spay of mixed composition? Thanks & Regards XXXX
Answered by Dr. Prasad 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: Mixed combination... Detailed Answer: It's available as single product with mixed combination. Your ENT surgeon will know about it. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Allergist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor