Suggest treatment for allergic reaction to food
That evening I ate a few oysters and a few pieces of shrimp along with some alcoholic cider and some pepper flavoured cocktails. We drank quite a bit of alcohol that night. The allergic reaction happened about 1.5 hours after eating the food. The prior night I also has Sushi and ate shrimp with no-problem and I frequently ate Oysters before.
When I came back to my home I did two allergy tests. One skin test with the liquid, then came back a few months later and did the real food - cooked and raw on my skin. Neither test triggered a reaction. Now they want me to go eat the food in the hospital, I wonder if this is really neccesary. The allergist said that this did not seem like an allergy but instead called it "Acute Urticarea". At the time I was under a lot of stress.
I have not eaten shrimp since this happened however did have some kimshee sauce which contains shrimp oil, oyster sauce (which may or may not contain oysters) as well as Calamari.
Is the food-test really necessary or can I just try to eat a small piece of shrimp? I am tied of avoiding all these delicious foods!
you should go for it
I have gone through your query.
Urticaria can be due to various factors like food , environmental, stress, cold , pressure and many others. It is not possible to check each and every cause. But most relevant cause in your case may be food and stress. Because these may have triggered the episode that night.
You go for food test. If nothing comes out then stress can be the cause. After that you can enjoy your delicious foods.
Hope I have answered you.
Wish you good health
Dr. Gaurav Katiyar
For further queries you can contact me directly on http://bit.ly/DrGaurav
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for allergic reaction due to singulair dose
- Treatments to allergic reaction to astroglide
- Suggest treatment for allergic reaction to gentamicin
- Suggest treatment for throat pain caused by allergic reaction
- Allergic reaction to bactrim treatment
- Allergic reaction to neosporin treatment
- Suggest treatment for allergic reaction on the perineum
- Suggest treatment for idiopathic allergic reaction
- Allergic reaction to naproxen treatment
- Suggest treatment for skin rash due to allergic reaction