Suggest treatment for acute abdominal pain

Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 10 Mar 2017 in Abdominal Pain
Question: Hello, I was in the ER yesterday. I have acute abdominal pain. I have had several bouts of pancreatitis bu this time, after radiology and blood work, my liver enzymes are highly elevated. I have been taking Percocet 10/325 for some time now, but the Er doctor prescribed tramdaol 50 mg tbs. I would like to know if this is as effective and a Percocet in treating abdominal pain. I know that the acetaminophen in Percocet is contraindicated. would you please try and tell me if this is better than continuing the Percocet?

Thank you for your reply. I sincerely appreciate it. These are the lab reports and the abdominal US report, that they did in thee ER yesterday. Thanks again…Robert
(attached to this message in PDF format)
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Serum Llipase is normal.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I saw the attachment in detail.
As your gallbladder is removed, there is no chance of Gallstones.
Your Serum Lipase is normal which excludes severe Pancreatitis.But,there is some fluid collection around pancreas for which you should be cautious.
There is moderate collection around the lung in the pleural cavity which has to be dealt with .I prefer to introduce a Intercostal tube , drain the fluid and send it for analysis.
Please consult your doctor and proceed further.
Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 41 minutes later
Thank you doctor. You've been most helpful..I have a follow-up next week with my IM (primary) physician..I'll discuss it with him..Thank you so much again, XXXXXXX
Brief Answer:
You are welcome.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Please discuss about pleural collection with your physician. He can try for aspiration instead of Intercostal tube.