Suggest treatment for acne
I am Dr XXXX from Nowhealth International. I would like to ask - Is their any specific treatment for acne.?
At 13 yr age nothing required
Hi and thanks for your query.
Acne at a young age of 13 yrs does not need treatment unless it is severe. Usually at this age acne happen due to hormonal ups and downs. These go away once the hormones settle on their own.
If the acne are severe cystic type, then oral antibiotics like cephalexin for 7 - 10 days would be needed. It should be taken under supervision of a doctor.
Creams and ointments are available. I personally feel that benzoyl peroxide ointment applied over the affected area helps a lot. Medicine should not be applied over the normal skin. Local preparations should be tried before proceeding to oral medicines.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for acne and blemishes
- Suggest medication for acne treatment
- Suggest treatment for severe acne
- What treatment is suggested for acne
- Suggest treatment for acne on forehead
- Suggest treatment for body acne
- Suggest treatment for acne scars
- Suggest treatment for acne and pimples
- Suggest treatment for acne
- Suggest treatment for cystic acne