Suggest treatment for accidental ingestion of Hydrocodone pills
If respiratory problems occurs then call the helpline
Hello thanks for asking from HCM for your health related doubts
Hydrocodone pills consists of Hydrocodone and Acetaminophen. Hydrocodone is an opioid drug which is generally considered as safe but accidental ingestion could result in symptoms of poisoning. Normally doses more than 10 mg of Hydrocodone could result in symptoms in opioid naive individual. If you have been taking the drug since last few months then that doses would not cause much damage but still the risk of side effects is there.
If you develop warning signs as difficulty in respiration, breathing problems, shallow breathing, blueness of fingers etc then you should consider going to ER immediately. Call the poison helpline or 911 if you have no immediate access to ER. They will guide you for proper course of action.
Try not to take accidental overdose again. Doses of about 90 mg Hydrocodone could prove fatal. So avoid accidental ingestion please.
Thanks, hope this helps.
Take care. Take plenty of water, remain awake and don't remain alone.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for ocd treatment
- Accidental ingestion of oxygen absorber treatment
- Urine test showed positive for hydrocodone cause treatment
- Hydrocodone withdrawal treatment
- Suggest treatment for foreign body ingestion
- Treatment of accidental ingestion of meftal spas
- Suggest treatment for wrist pain after an accidental fall
- Suggest treatment for shoulder pain after accidental fall
- Treatment for hydrocodone and itching
- Prescription for hydrocodone use for back treatment