What causes stomach cramps, nausea and loose stools while on Prozac and Buspar?
Can be drug induced
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.
Based on the history you have shared, yes these symptoms can be due to drugs you had been using. Both are known to cause such side effects sepcially the Prozac being more culprit. But usually in both cases the symptoms are reversible after stopping the drugs.
You can either give trial by leaving Prozac first and buspar later and monitor any change in symptoms but meanwhile taking good amount of water and using oral rehydration salts to compensate for the water and electrolytes loss with vomiting and using some diets is indicated. If symptoms are unbearable, consult your psychiatrist for replacements after cross examination of your current depressive stage.
Using antibiotics doesn't seem to be an option but for reassurance a stool microscopy and cultures may be sent to rule out other causes. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope this has answered your question.
If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What cause stomach cramps and bloating
- Will meth cause stomach cramps
- Loose black stool with stomach cramping
- What causes black stool with stomach cramps
- Stomach cramping and nausea while defacating
- What causes stabbing stomach cramps
- What causes stomach cramps with diarrhea
- Painful stomach cramps causes
- Intermittent stomach cramps causes
- Severe stomach cramps causes