• question-icon

Suggest treatment for abscess on forehead while on Bactrim

Posted on Sat, 28 May 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have a MRSA infection with an abscess on my forehead. Been taking Bactrim for 4 days with little improvement. Should i continue or seek further care?
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Wait for two more days and then seek further care.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to health care magic, I share your concern and I will try to help you out in best possible way.
Bactrim is usually prescribed for a week, hence in my opinion you should wait for couple of more days. Whats are the signs and symptoms that are still troubling you at the moment.

I hope this helps you.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.

Dr. Naveen XXXXXXX
Medical Consultant.
Ebix, Inc.
YYYY@YYYY
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar
Dr. Naveen Kumar